Yes, you can put an epoxy floor over damaged concrete. However, it is important to properly prepare the concrete before applying the epoxy coating. This will ensure that the epoxy coating adheres properly and lasts for many years.
To prepare the concrete, you will need to:
- Clean the concrete thoroughly with a degreaser or a concrete cleaner.
- Rinse the concrete with water and allow it to dry completely.
- Patch any cracks or holes in the concrete with epoxy grout.
- Sand the concrete lightly with medium-grit sandpaper.
- Vacuum the concrete to remove any dust.
Once the concrete is prepared, you can apply the epoxy coating according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Here are some tips for applying epoxy floor coating over damaged concrete:
- Use a high-quality epoxy coating that is designed for use on damaged concrete.
- Apply the epoxy coating in a thin, even coat.
- Allow the first coat of epoxy coating to dry completely before applying the second coat.
- Do not apply the epoxy coating in direct sunlight or in high humidity.
- Allow the epoxy coating to dry completely before using the floor.
If you are not comfortable applying epoxy floor coating yourself, you can hire a professional to do it for you.