Flexo coating is a process of applying a thin layer of coating to a substrate using flexographic printing. The coating can be applied to the front or back of the substrate, or to both sides. Flexo coating is used to improve the performance and appearance of a wide variety of products, including packaging, labels, and corrugated board.
The benefits of flexo coating include:
- Improved water resistance
- Increased durability
- Enhanced gloss or matte finish
- Added protection from UV rays
- Improved printability
- Reduced ink migration
- Increased tear resistance
- Reduced static cling
- Increased scuff resistance
- Improved food safety
Flexo coating is a versatile process that can be used to apply a variety of coatings to a variety of substrates. It is a cost-effective and efficient way to improve the performance and appearance of your products.
Here are some of the most common types of flexo coatings:
- Water-based coatings: These are the most common type of flexo coating. They are environmentally friendly and easy to apply.
- UV-cured coatings: These coatings are cured using ultraviolet light. They are fast-drying and have excellent durability.
- Solvent-based coatings: These coatings are cured using solvents. They are more durable than water-based coatings, but they are also more environmentally unfriendly.
- Specialty coatings: There are a variety of specialty coatings available, such as scratch-resistant coatings, anti-fog coatings, and antimicrobial coatings.
Flexo coating is a versatile process that can be used to improve the performance and appearance of your products. If you are looking for a cost-effective and efficient way to improve your products, flexo coating is a great option.